welcome to the next chapter...

once a long time ago, i read on a blog, "i am a lesbian but thats not all i am". i was then just teetering on the edge coming out as a lesbian. back then, although i understood what she was saying, i was completely drowning in that one dimension of my identity. i knew then i was more than also but such turmoil tends to shrink your field of vision. it is scary and exciting and anticipatory and it is exhausting.

i am almost 5 years out now. some things look differently in my life. some things are the same. but i revel in the knowledge that i am a lesbian and in the knowledge that i really am more than just... my field of vision has grown to include the wide open spaces of life's endless possibilies.

for those of you who know me, you will be able to find the familiar places of my old writings which i will have on the sidebar. for those who stumble upon me and find yourself confused by fragmented references or are struggling to come out later in life, you will find the Closer to Fine link most helpful. I recommend reading it from the beginning, it makes more sense.

one more thing, blame my lack of capital letters on e.e. cummings...

Sunday, April 3, 2011

if i can just point my cervix in the direction that the wind is blowing!

free health treatment for me?

who knows,  i could be cured in a matter of just a few more months of radiation leakage! 

3 comments:

  1. if you must point your cervix to the wind don't forget to eat some pineapple first. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terroni its so good to reconnect with you! and thank you for laughing! its what is getting me through all of this craziness. I am happy you "get it". Take care hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. M- i have been dosing myself with pineapple juice for days. at least the OBGYN will enjoy a tropical delight while she is taking a cheese grater to my cervix. snort... it is all about her comfort after all. :-)

    ReplyDelete